Friday, November 20, 2009

Rwanda.


I think the Rwandan situation has many different sides to the story and unfortunately I don’t think it was ever solved or will be solved. I think that everyone took part in this disaster & everyone should be blamed and has a reason to be blamed. I think the most disturbing part is the Interahamwe, I think it is terrible that they walked around killing young children & women. It’s disturbing enough that women and men were killed but it’s even worse that children were killed. I think Belgium was also at fault because they thought they were to mature and left Rwanda. I liked learing about this more hands on rather than using a text book or listening to a teacher lecture. I think many people learn better working with a group because you can get the in put of other classmates, they might think something different than you & it can give you a different prospective.

I loved debating in class, I loved hearing everyone’s opinion I also loved how the conversations got heated because it is inserting to hear how everyone feels about the topic. I wish I would have more of an opinion on this topic & felt strongly about it because then I would have been able to get more into the conversation. I think I was also insecure about what I was thinking wondering if I was correct or wrong when really it’s just your opinion. I hope to debate more in Mr. Fielder’s class but I hope it’s on a different topic that people more know about and can use prior knowledge .

No comments:

Post a Comment